Dr. Hoffmann and the other authors of instruments produced by Evince Diagnostics can address a very broad range of presentation/workshop topics and consultation needs. The following is a listing of some, but not all, topics and consultations that can be addressed.
For more information on any of the listed topics or to discuss a topic not on the lists, please contact Dr. Norman G. Hoffmann via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 828-454-9960.
EXAMPLES OF EDUCATIONAL OFFERINGS:
Plenary presentations on clinical, management, and policy topics
- OATS: Outcomes and Assessment-informed Treatment Services.
- Comparison of the DSM-5 with the DSM-IV-TR for Alcohol, Cocaine, and Cannabis
- Principles of Assessment: Getting It Right and Proving It.
- Outcomes-based Treatment: An Alternative to Evidence-based Hype
- Return On Investment: Making the Case for Adequate Treatment Benefits
- AA in the Past 30 Years: A Research and Clinical Perspective
- Why Addressing Stigma and Parity Alone Will Not Achieve Adequate Funding for Treatment
- The Future of Addiction Treatment Systems: New Models for Maximizing Quality & Cost-Effectiveness
Skill building workshops
- Principles of Diagnostic Assessment
- Assessment Beyond Screening and the Biopsychosocial Interview
- Using the SUDDS-5 for Comprehensive Assessments of Substance Use Disorders
- Identifying Co-occurring Conditions Using the CAAPE-5 Interview for Adults
- Identifying Co-occurring Conditions Among Adolescent Populations with the PADDI-5
- Using the DAPPER Ratings for ASAM Criteria Based Treatment Planning, Placement, and Outcome Monitoring
- Effective & Efficient Treatment Planning: What, Why, When, With Whom, How?
- Achieving Better Treatment Outcomes Using Empirical and Outcome--Based Findings
- Focused, Targeted, Cost-Conscious, Individualized Addiction Treatment
- Keeping the Behavioral Health Team Healthy
- Treatment Planning: Improving Documentation Skills and Clinical Use of the Treatment Plan
EXAMPLES OF CONSULTATION AREAS:
- Designing tailored program evaluation systems
- Document development for program evaluations
- Use of existing records for evaluating treatment outcomes
- Staff development for evaluation readiness
Policy related consultations
- Mandates: What to mandate and what not to mandate
- Outcomes-based reimbursement approaches
- Contracting for payers and providers: Getting what you pay for and paying for what you get
- Screening instruments and procedures for welfare agencies
- Appropriate assessment in clinical practice